Re: Re: Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Frame Pad Squeak

well,i agree with mpopadics. It does appear to be coming from the belly of my truck, perhaps around the cat converter. Theres a ton of sheet metal around there and I believe that is the culprit. However, it does seem to be temperature sensitive, I would imagine there is more or less a constant temp around the converter. I have gone as far as to tab the frame with a hammer and listen, and tighten, ANYTHING that vibrates and NOTHING WORKS!Im confused beyond belief.

Reply to
willrok13

Well I solved the problem (99% Sure). The drive shaft, where it connects to the universal joint in the rear has a zerk fitting that needed grease. Note: DO NOT OVERFILL WITH GREASE! I pumped grease in anticipating it to fill and run out. It never happened. What did happen is the grease pushed the drive shaft into the transmission. A stupid error I know but it was a learning process. Tranny would not shift into gear, I then I had to adjust shift linkage to compensate. Hopefully there will not be any problems as a result of my mistake. I'll keep you posted. Let me know if you have any questions or comments, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
willrok13

Well I solved the problem (99% Sure). The drive shaft, where it connects to the universal joint in the rear has a zerk fitting that needed grease. Note: DO NOT OVERFILL WITH GREASE! I pumped grease in anticipating it to fill and run out. It never happened. What did happen is the grease pushed the drive shaft into the transmission. A stupid error I know but it was a learning process. Tranny would not shift into gear, I then I had to adjust shift linkage to compensate. Hopefully there will not be any problems as a result of my mistake. I'll keep you posted. Let me know if you have any questions or comments, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
willrok13

Well, Fall is here and the weather is getting cold. I have greased my drive shaft, tightened every bolt I can find, sprayed all points of metal to metal contact with penatrating oil....and the squeek remains. I gotta tell ya, I'm gonne be deaf by the time I'm 40 becouse I play the stereo so load to drown out the squeak. If you have not noticed...I'm still looking for my solution.

Reply to
mpopadics

look on my friend, look on.... it has gotten to the point to where i cant hear mine anymore because im so used to it.

however, i did rear-end someone last week, ill see if that made a difference when i drive it to work today.

Reply to
Jazz Mann