Re: Where are our hydrogen-powered cars?

Where are our hydrogen-powered cars?

They're in the same placeas our rocket cars and jet packs are, with the Jetsons.

Reply to
Skipfromla

Or in the pockets of the rich?

Items such as automatic cars, etc. are technically possible today, but making money comes first and since there seems to be a downturn in the fortunes of the middle class, they can't afford it. And because it requires tremendous infrastructure, no one gets it.

Hydrogen costs too much, is too hard to store, etc. and many consider it a dead issue.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

The rich and stupid.

Reply to
Desertphile

HiNdEnBuRg

Reply to
Fuller Wrath

Heee! :-) I was thinking of the economic and ecological disasters: to make enough hydrogen to run automobiles on we would have to burn more coal.

Reply to
Desertphile

Desertphile found these unused words:

You could use Hydro-electric to 'crack' water, but the Greenies have declared HE to be "non-green" and not to be counted in "Green Power" sources.

EG: Only the 'new' stuff that puts money in OUR pockets will we 'allow'.

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

That would be just stupid. Why throw away 60% or 70% of the energy doing that?

I don't know who "Greenies" are but I assume you mean chemists and physicists. Using hydrogen to transport energy is just stupid and idiotic, like the promoters.

Ah, so it isn't a matter of physics: it's a matter of THE GLOBAL CONSPIRACY. Okay, I see now. Run along: the adults are talking.

Reply to
Desertphile

Desertphile found these unused words:

Ever hear of the "Devil's Advocate" ??? BTW, more is lost with your 'suggestion' of burning coal!

What cave do you live in?

Thank Dog, I'm a Senior, not an 'adult' of your 'caliber'!

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Sir F. A. Rien wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

yeah, another ancient here. too bad the 70's held no lessons for this country. we never had to be here. i think the young guy's use of greenie was another slag like tree hugger. he is mis informed about he and needs to google that. the global conspiracy on this sick sad world? try getting 50 people to whistle yankee doodle. despite history, (see heinlein) and conditions, nationalism and religion are still the biggest evils faced by thei mortal coil. religion has set progress back at least a 1000 years. the sheer waste of humanity and resources is numbing.

Reply to
someone

" snipped-for-privacy@some.domain" found these unused words:

They deserve all the slag they get. Especially when they proudly declare that hydroelectric is NOT renewable and NOT a 'green power' source.

This, as if solar is viable! Perhaps some day, but to force additional requirements, raiing the costs, just to benifit a few in pocket sources ... sorry, I don't buy their line of BS.

That's the benefit of living in this Obama Nation!

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Sir F. A. Rien wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

bandwagoning is not an intelligent response.

Reply to
someone