SCAM??

I was having Autoway Toyota check out my AC, since it is not working as good as it did last year. While waiting I saw/heard a service advisor telling a lady that the work on her was done, but they saw that she had about 25% of her front brakes left and that they needed to be replaced for $199.99. She refused the service and asked him to write it on the receipt so she could let her husband see it. Good for her!!! Then the advisor said they could clean her rear brakes and that would extend the life of the front brakes and that only costs $39.95. I was very glad when she again asked him to write it on the receipt for her husband.

What do you think?

paul

Reply to
Paul Mars

sounds like they 'thought' they had a sucker, glad she didnt do it. there always afraid to put things like in writing

Reply to
Charles H.

Market conditions will have to dictate whether $199 is a fair price for replacing the brakes but the offer to clean the rear brakes in order to extend the life of the front ones is without a doubt wrong. It's good to hear that the lady refused the service. After hearing the conversation, a good move on your part might be to find another shop.

Reply to
Steve

Sounds like the mechanic who told the woman that all her car needed was a pint of blinker fluid... :>))

Reply to
TOM

Regular or Halogen? (Halogen fluid costs more, but it's worth it.) ;-)

-CB

Reply to
Cyberbilly