shipping transmissions

I bought a rebuilt 5 speed manual transmission for my 92 toyota one ton but it turned out I did't need it.The problem was a small part in the shift mechanism. I'd like to sell the tranny on ebay. I've never shipped anything that large, advice? mr snipped-for-privacy@isp.com.

Reply to
Ben Bleu

if you list it, might include "local pick-up only" and not deal with the shipping logistics.

Reply to
: P

That would be a problem if you lived in a small, rural area. Local Pickup works great in metropolitan areas, though.

I'd suggest not> if you list it, might include "local pick-up only" and not deal with the

Reply to
jp2express

another option would be for you to offer delivery (for a fee, say $1.00 per mile) to a specific distance, maybe 100 or 200 miles. if the buyer isn't willing to pay for the delivery, have them pick it up.

Reply to
: P

Along with ebay, you might list it in your local market here (hopefully for pick up or short delivery):

S.Lewis