Should fan clutch turn, 93 22r ?

Been trying to figure out overheat prob. I read somewhere here that I should not be able to turn fan clutch while not running. Does this apply to 4 cyl 22-r '93)?

Reply to
byrdog

Yes it should turn. It should also have more resistance to turning as it heats up. The real test is can you stop it from turning when it's hot and running? - be careful. I suspect your fan clutch is ok. Did you get the stock OEM thermostat from Toyota? Did the radiator shop perform a "flow test"?

View this thread:

M.Paul