SLOW windows on 96 Landcruiser

Our 1996 Landcruiser has electric windows that move very slowly. Sometimes we wonder if they will close! Is this normal in Landcruisers or do we have some loss of electrical power to the window motors? Thank you.

Reply to
Bonny Lynn T

If your windows is running slowly, maybe you need to install Service pack

2??? ;\)

Reply to
guess

Try spraying some silicone spray into the rubber weather-strip that the window rides in.

Reply to
Mike

I have a similar problem, did you try the silicone - did it work? Thanks.

Reply to
BT

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net, BT at snipped-for-privacy@mac.com wrote on 2/17/05 1:19 PM:

They are real fast on the '95 I just bought.... I'd say you have some sort of problem, but I'd guess since it's all of them doing it the fix will be pretty simple.

Do you like the truck other than that? I just bought this super-clean, low-miles '95 and so far I love the thing.

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

Slow windows? It was suggested to me to try silicone spray - I picked a can up at Pep Boys and sprayed the silicone into the window guides - this did the trick. Window works fine now. Try the silicone.

Reply to
Joe Schmoe