Power windows for 20 euros (20 dollars)

Yap, I wanted power windows on my bug, but my budget is limited. So I tought of adapting some motors on the window to make it go "wushhhh" :) I found a good price on electric screwdrivers: 10 euros (about 10 dollars), and installed them directly on the place where the handle would go. Had to twist the system a little so that the electric screwdriver would fit, but it works great! The windows travel a little fast but... Even better! I dont like to wait to much when I finish my ride to lift the windows so I can go. They make more noise then normal power windows but... 20 euros?! I like it! And... I'm a fan of "I made it myself" :) I'll post some pic'se soon. MM

Reply to
Manuel Macedo

That sounds like a pretty cool "mod". I definitely want to see some photos! Did it all fix into the door, or did you have to leave anything poking through the panel?

-Steve Ballantyne

Reply to
steve.ballantyne

They fit inside the panel. System with the slot where the handle used to connect had to be twisted 90º and then bent the edges so I can use the original screw hole to secure it to panel. Pics below. The cuts on the panel are for room fitting. The electric screwdriver is secured to the ex-handle slot by a pin.

The w> That sounds like a pretty cool "mod". I definitely want to see some

Reply to
Manuel Macedo