Source for replacement for 97 4 runner front /rear bumbers

Hello all, Well those of you who have a 97 4 runner (if you have not gotten rid of it already)I have rust starting on the rear bumber.. so i think it's time to replace both of them she's black with the standard chrome bumbers.... has anyone chenged them before? thanks..

Reply to
Gig

Look for Chrome Plating Shops in the Yellow Pages, or ask around your local body shops to see who they use. Any body shop can remove and replace the bumpers for you and arrange for their plater to pick them up.

They take your old bumpers, strip and re-plate them, and you're good for another 10 to 25 years - depending on how good the prep-work is and how thick they lay on the new layers of shiny, of course.

Takes a few days to turn them around, a bit longer if there are a lot of pits or some through-rust to deal with, or bends and dents to repair - they have to fill the big holes with weld and grind, and fill in all the little imperfections with Copper plating and hand buffing. The Nickel and Chromium layers are last.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

i just bought one off ebay and i'm about to get it this week... it cost around $100-$120 including shipping....if you are interested, I'll get you the info. marty

Reply to
spunkyman

Some idiot dinged my 4Runner bumper in a parking lotSeems to me I bought new bumper at Toyota dealer and it was under $200 and took about 30 minutes to swap out.

Bubba

Reply to
Bubba