Tires on a '01 Tacoma

I have a '01 Tacoma with TRD. The stock tire size is 265/70R16. Does anyone know the largest tire size possible without a lift???

Reply to
Raylo

Whatever you do, don't ask Axel.

Reply to
Pookerz

Whatever you do, don't ask Axel.

Really....I have a similar question about my 2000 Land Cruiser, and hoped that this was a serious group. Are the 2001 Tundras and 2000 Land Cruisers identical in terms of tire acceptability? And, if so, what are the largest tires that they'll accommodate without any body or suspension lifts?

Thanks for any real input.

Reply to
Michael Simmons-Smith
265/75/16... its a inch taller and equates to a 32" tire. The stock 265/70 is a 31" tire. You will be fine on the street and might get some very minimal rubbing when offroading when the tire is turned all the way either direction. This is with the stock 16x7 rim, if you go to a 16x8 rim, you will have a lot more rubbing....
Reply to
dave89144

Don't go with the 265/75's. They rub on and offroad. I already went down that road on my '02 Tacoma. Stick with the 265/70/R16.

-2002 Prerunner Ext Cab V6 Auto SR5 TRD

Reply to
John Doe

Thanks for all you help.... If i went to a bigger size what type/brand of lift would you suggest??? I don't want to got too big...maybe at the most 33" tires.

Reply to
Raylo

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Raylo) wrote in news:32d2b842.0311071639.4ab4c6d4 @posting.google.com:

I have a Cornfed 3" lift on my 01 Prerunner and love it. It allows me to run 33" x 11.50" tires.

Reply to
Aussie

Do you have a photo of your truck posted on the internet???

Reply to
Raylo

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Raylo) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

No, but I'll send some to you so you can check it out.

Reply to
Aussie