Tundra dash "D" indicator light

Anyone ever change this bulb. How much pain involved? Do I have to pull dash or can I reach up under? Thanks.

Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I assume "D" is for Drive? On all vehicles I have worked on, you have to pull the cluster, most times not the whole dash. Get a service manual, it'll go a long way. Good Luck, Chas

Reply to
Chas

Not hard at all. There are a few screws in the plastic trim surrounding the cluster. Take those out and you'll be in business, the cluster comes right out. Just put the shift lever and the steering wheel all the way down to make room, pull it out far enough to unplug, and there you go. And when you have the thing out, be careful not to touch the printed circuits. Those things are paper thin and very sensitive to static discharge.

Reply to
qslim

Reply to
Bubba