Uneven disk brake pad wear

I have a 1995 Xtra Cab pickup (not Tacoma), 2wd , 4 cyl., single caliper brakes. The inboard disk pads have worn out while the outboard pads still have pleanty of material left. What could be causing the uneven wear?

Thanks in advace for any help.

Armand

Reply to
d' Carrolls

in general ... the calipers are supposed to be able to "float" and even out the braking loads. I'd guess your's need lube on the pins that hold them in place.

Reply to
JeB

Yep.. Check the caliper slide pins. They May be frozen.

Reply to
qslim