Webber 33mm carb on at 22R

Any one ever play with a Webber 33mm carb on at 22R. I cant seem to get it to idle however if i adjust it according to the directions i have so that it will idle, it spudders and chokes with any above idle speeds. Cant seem to find any clear directions. 3rd carb. i am at a loss, help me

Reply to
ERIN RANDOLPH

Haynes makes a Weber manual... has every Weber carb in there and how to mess with it. If I could find mine, I would gladly post info for you... alas -- it sprouted wings at some point.

Reply to
Celica Dude

Is this the carb that the HolleyWeber is based on? (a staged 2-barrel). If so, try reversing the idle jets. They screw in on each side from the outside on the HolleyWeber . I had a similar problem when I rebuilt one on a Ford 4 banger. The jets weren't marked that I could see, but they were different sizes. The other thing to check is to see that the throttle plates are closing properly. The secondary plate needs to be slightly open when the primary plate is closed. Your directions should tell you how much. Weber probably has a website. If they're like Holley, there will be good info on all the adjustments there.

Reply to
max-income

max-income