What Did I do? 04 tacoma

Hey guys, just wondering whats going on. I tried to wire up a trailer harness on my 04 toyota tacoma (did not have a factory) i used just a standard plug. I spliced the wires in the rear of the truck, like I did on any other vehicle I owned. Before i even plugged it in to the trailer, i noticed my dash lights will only come on with the brakes applied. Also i have no tail lights. I removed the harness and checked all fuses. Tried it again, and its still doing it even with the trailer wires totally removed and back to original. I then pushed my remote starter and started it and the dash lights came on, as well as the tail lights. But when i put the key in and let it run on its own, i lost my dash and tail lights again. Can someone figure it out? -Thanks, Kyle

Reply to
NYBogger

Sounds like you have maybe lost an earth connection at the tail lights of your vehicle. Either that or you have created an extra one and wired it incorrectly. Remove all wires that you put in and try again. Are you soldering all the cables in or using squwish connectors?

Reply to
Scotty