Where's the gas filter on '94, 2wd, short bed PU, 22RE??

Hi guys,

Just got the above vehicle.

Based on my experience of trying to find the filter on my former '85 PU I thought I'd just ask instead of searching. On the '85 I took it to speedy lube for them to spot the filter location, they couldn't find it (I know, they aren't the sharpest guys on earth). Had to go to a dealer and have them tell me.

So, any one got a clue??

thanks in advance,

Doug

Reply to
doug98105

On my 93 22RE it's under the intake manifold, bolted to the side of the engine block. A real pain in the ass to change!

doug98105 wrote:

and above the starter. If someone gave a less than $50 quote to replace the damn thing I'd take them up on it. I suppose it might be easier the next time, tho' I hope to not do it again.

Reply to
JeB

I once read a post in this newsgroup that the reason Toyota put them there is to keep people from replacing them. Supposedly, there is so much filter surface in the ones supplied for fuel-injected engines (as opposed to the old filters on carburated 22R's) that they don't ever need to be replaced and people are just wasting their money by replacing them at some regular interval.

Why not Google it-- it was an interesting post from someone supposedly in the know.

Reply to
Sean Elkins

Cheap insurance to replace at 75k or so miles - cost like $25. Never know what's in the gas ya buy. Yup pain to get to --- did mine when I had trans out to replace the clutch - tad easier. Make sure you have metric flare wrench so you don't round off the fuel line connectors.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Reply to
Malcom Gillette

It's on the side behind the little door.

There are larger doors -- also on the sides -- that you use to get in and out. Wait a bit, and I'll come over and show you how they work.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Never mind. My bad, I read, "where's the fuel FILLER ...?"

Oops.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland