2005 Taco Stereo Question

What are the possibilities available for installing a set of RCA jacks into the stereo that is in my '05 truck? It is the single regular CD unit and I would like to plug in my MP3 player. No FM modulators please!

Reply to
Bob S,

it is possible, but ud need to know a little circut theory.. the way ud do it is ud take the positive and negative and solder the leads on right before the amp on the deck... kinda hard.

the reason why u cant just solder it on is cuz tehre is no real place to solder it on to, so u can like turn it on....some decks u can do that easly in cuz they have a AUX cahnnel, but u didnt pay the extra, so the plugs are gone.. all u gotta do is solder on to them... but in ur care, no. itd be really hard and NOT worth your time.

Reply to
ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe

There is a CD changer port on the back of the radio. A number of companies make an adapaer that plugs into that port and provides rca inputs. USA Spec and PIE are 2 of them.

"ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Glenn Arsenault

Wrong.

It's easy!

This took me all of 15 minutes to install for my XM unit, including fully reading the directions:

Reply to
Bonehenge

Reply to
Wolfgang

Well, I'm no 15 minute man, but after a couple of weeks of deciding, I ordered the P.I.E. Toy03 - aux from on-line store "MyRadioStore". I did spend 15 minutes removing the oem radio to make sure it had the 12 pin aux connector. P.I.E. tech on their "866" number said there should be no problem getting my XM radio audio cooking. Lynn the Cautious

Reply to
Lynn Coffelt

I'll bet when the device arrives, you'll be able to do it in 10 minutes!

Don't forget to be careful prying the climate control panel off, the plastic scratches easily.

A plastic trim tool or putty knife and a 10mm socket are all it takes to have XM, Sirius, MP3 player, or other device connected to the factory stereo!

Reply to
B a r r y

Do you think this device would work on a 2004 Tacoma stereo? I have a Sirius setup and the occasional static from competing radio stations that my unit transmits on FM drives me nuts.....

Mac

Reply to
Mac