Which alarm system to install on 2004 4Runner

Hi,

I got a 2004 4Runner SR5 V8; it came with the engine immobilizer and the keyless entry system. This vehicle does not come with an alarm system and I'm thinking of installing the Toyota RS3200 Plus alarm system part number 08586-3D870.

Can anyone comment on this alarm system (what features it has on it) or any other recommended alarm system to install on the 2004 4Runners?

Before I bought this SUV, I'm surprise that I could not find anywhere in Houston Texas for a 2004 4Runner SR5 V8 with an alarm system option.

Thanks

Jack

Reply to
Jack

Do you really think that an alarm system is worth the time and/or money? Of course not. We have all heard alarms going off, basically just annoying everybody and nobody paying any attention to them. You said that your vehicle already has an engine demobilizer, so why do you need a "nuisance alarm"? In any case, to answer your question, I bought my 1996 Tacoma and it came with an engine demobilizer called "Prolock". The engine cannot be started with out inserting a computer chip "key" into a plug under the dash. This is all that is needed. I do bother the neighbors by constantly disturbing them with my alarm "confirmation" tones, or by the alarm going off everytime a bus goes by. The engine demobilizer works, and that is all that is needed.

Reply to
rollee

None, they are usless, Get a LOJACK Early Warning System.

Joe

Reply to
Joseph Myers

No, they are not useless! Many salesmen at Audio Express and other such "clip joints" have made a pretty penny selling alarm systems to unsuspecting idiots.

Reply to
Fuller Wrath