1969 Type III For Sale - need ballpark value

I have a 1969 Type III, 3-speed full automatic, fuel injection (first year I'm told), nice chrome package, had factory air-conditioning. It has 124,000 miles with 20,000 of it on a rebuilt engine. Runs well, licensed. Body is clean except for a small painted dent in the right rear quarter panel. The only rust is some under the headlights. Can someone give me a good ballpark figure of its worth? I really would appreciate any replys.

Reply to
<ed>

try doing a search over on:

You should be able to get a ballpark of what theyre going for over there.

Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:10:02 -0700, ran around screaming and yelling:

what style of type III?(squarback, notchback, fastback)....wwhere are you located?.....info like this is required if you really want people to let you know what they are going for...i can't be of any help on a number, but with the above info you can surely find some help here... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Thanks, J. It is a Type III Fastback located in Seattle, WA. The interior is in fair shape. Driver's seat need reupholstered. Top edge of back seat cracked due to sun. Headliner in great shape. Needs new carpets. Newer Michelin tires.

Reply to
<ed>

69 was the second FI year, the AT is a strong unit, but the AC is a downer (hard on the engine, requires R12.) A low mileage rebuilt engine is often a sign of a problem, since why would anyone sell a car with a fresh rebuild unless it hadn't turned out well. How's the interior?

Rust is the real villan here. There's bound to be much more than what you see. The real value depends on the real amount of rust.

Value could vary from $500 to $2500, depending on overall condition.

-

Jim Adney

My suggestion would be to get in touch with the type 3 club down there in Washington. Most of those guys know more about type 3's than anyone you would ever meet. They have a website with a forum

They'd be able to tell you the price range you should fall into imho.

-- Anna Vancouver Island, BC

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy"
Reply to
BugBum

The REAL type 3 action takes place on the type 3 email list. See

for details. I hadn't known about the aircooled kings, but looking at their forum it appears that a few messages a day is a lot of traffic for them. The vwtype3 email list gets 20-100 messages a day from ~400 members worldwide.

And it's free.

-

Jim Adney

I'm not going to argue with you about which type 3 list is better because personally I don't care. I have met a lot of those guys from the aircooled kings at shows and they seem to know what they are talking about. My bf is very good friends with one of them who lives in Seattle who has over 20 type

3s. I was thinking more along the lines that someone there might know someone who might want to buy it. Last time I checked non boat nose type 3's were fairly desirable.

Please don't shoot down my idea I was trying to be helpful and "specific" to your area.

-- Anna

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn" 58 Panel Van "Selah"
Reply to
BugBum

Thanks for the opinion, Jim. Just for reference, the low mileage engine is tight and runs great. I have had zero problems with the rebuild, which by the way was done ten years ago. The reason I'm selling the car is that I now have 5 running vehicles. The VW drew the short straw. I do hate to part with it but we have had it since 1977 and I think it is time to say goodbye.

Reply to
<ed>

Reply to
Kenneth Martin