1971 Super Beetle Factory Sunroof

I've gotta '71 Super with a factory sunroof. The "lifters" (whatever they're really called) that pop it up into the final closed and sealed position are shot. I understand that the current after-market replacement systems (cable and all) are of poor quality and not dependable. I'd like to fix the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? Like where high quality replacement parts for my specific need may be obtained? Any serious suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

________________________________ Eloquent profanity, it rolls right off my tongue.

Reply to
Bill Goforth