1973 Beetle Taillight lens

I have been trying to find a taillight lens for my 1973 bug. It seems the replacement for it uses only 3 bulbs. Mine has 4 bulbs. Does anyone make an exact replacement lens for this model?

blondie

Reply to
blondie

Four-bulb round taillights were Euro-spec and what were originally on '71-'79 Beetles/Supers/181s originally imported to the US. Three-bulb lenses combine separate tail and brake lamps into a dual-filament bulb. The lenses are not interchangable, but three-bulb bases will bolt in without modifications. If you cannot find the right lenses, you may have to consider changing the entire assemblies.

Jim

Reply to
Jim O'Malley (KAMR)

In Europe the round tail light did not come until year model -73. Was it already installed in -71 american Beetles?

Reply to
Olli Lammi

In Europe the round tail light did not come until year model -73. Was it already installed in -71 american Beetles?

Reply to
Scott H.

Oops, I meant '73. Jim

Reply to