1974 Sunbug Vert

Hi everyone ... if I were to entertain the idea of selling my Sunbug ... how would even begin to know a good asking price? It runs, the top is fine, it's old! LOL ... the paint color is a little too 'brown' and is not exact... body is rusty ... where's a girl to start?

Thanks!!!

Robin

Reply to
Terry Thompson

Depends on how rusty. If the heater channels are shot, then it wont be worth much. How are the door pillars, and floorpans?

Is it a Standard Bug, or a Super Beetle?

Do the doors shut nicely?

Terry Thomps> Hi everyone ... if I were to entertain the idea of selling my Sunbug ... how

Reply to
payments338

tuck it into the back of your mind, all verts from 71-up were superbeetles...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Ask around your area for an air cooled VW specialty shop and get the rust problem inspected. If it's only a little surface rust, it would be a good idea to clean it up first. If not, then get an estimate of the repair and show it to prospective buyers or list the information if you put it up for on-line auction.

You can look at eBay auctions that have closed up to 3 months back. Do a search of closed auctions for cars like yours. It's a place to start anyway. Bug verts tend to bring good prices but that also assumes good condition.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

You can also look on

and see what verts in the same condition are going for. Understand that if you have all the sun bug emblems and wood gear shift knob it would make your vert worth alittle more than other verts.

Mario Vintage werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Thanks everyone ...

Yes, it is a Super. The doors shut well, the top works great ... not sure how to evaluate the rust situation so the idea of a shop and some sort of estimate is a good idea! Thanks!

As for the Sunbug 'stuff' I am very lucky ... I have the original shifter knob and one I bought! I bought one for a bazillion dollars on ebay ... only to find the original stuffed away in the trunk area after I quit looking for it! I have an emblem but it is a reproduction.

Anyone know of a good place in Columbus or Cincy Ohio area to have a look-see at the rust??

Reply to
Terry Thompson