1975 van parts from Mexico?

While on vacation in Mexico (a couple times over the last few years) I couldn't help but think how nice it would be to bring back or ship a whole crate of vw parts for my old van. Now I could be wrong about this, but my understanding is that in Mexico the late 1970's style vans were in fact manufactured without many significant changes right up into the mid 1990's. So, I'm wondering if anyone can suggest whether it's possible or advisable to purchase relatively modern (used or new) replacement parts for my old van from Mexico. I'm thinking big things like exhaust system, heater, body parts, instrument pannel (in kms, as it should be), etc. I know I can probably order after market replacement stuff out of the USA, but I thought this might be a way to get quality parts for a good deal.

Thoughts?

Reply to
Robinder

Brazillian parts. And I have never met with a Brazillian part that wasn't mis-shapen, too thin, and just plain cheap.

Although, I remember looking at what came out of Beetlemex (I forget how they actually spelled it) and I thought those looked like pretty decent automobiles. I would love to know the whole story on the quality though. Hopefully someone can drop some first hand knowledge on us.

-Steve Ballantyne

Reply to
steve.ballantyne

given that most of the parts you can order from the US suppliers *are* the parts you'd get from Mexican/Brazillian suppliers, it'd probably be easier to just order from the US....there isn't really a lot of "aftermarket" parts out there..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani