Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

VW in woods on NY Thruway
This is for all VW people in the New York,New jersey area. Has anyone ever checked out the abandoned VW in the woods alongside the Southbound lanes of the NY Thruway? The car is between milepost 78.8...
2
2

electric beetle or bus?
Has anyone ever tried to make an electric bus or beetle? I know it would require some "out side of the box" thinking. Just curious. David
5
5

72 bus in South Africa, Ladysmith
For those in SA maybe interested. Engine runs, body needs slight att. No seats but i have to sets, pick your choice. Has rebuild steering box and good tyres. All papers and license disc present....

engine swap - somthing to ponder on
Hello all one of my crazy idea's (again) Most engine swaps - scooby - etc seem to use the bug tranny and an adapter plate of some kind. I was thinking, could you not take the front end - engine,...
13
13

OT: For those who read Norwegian or care to translate..
is a sad day... Having said that, I read the Norwegian papers today, we are the largest weapons exporter in the world as in per capita... Nothing to be proud over that either... (No, not in primitive...

Buses and parts for sale
Folks, I've got a 76 camper and a 72 camper both complete. The 72 is in decent shape. The 76 ist kaput, but the beam is good and the heater boxes and most of the camper interior. I've got jalousy...

Finally got my Ghia & Bug sites back up...
Getting out of Geocities...

Electric Fuel pump question
Any of you have one on your car? I have a type one and it came with a 1776 cc motor, single 40ida? Weber, and an electri fuel pump. It is the same one as sold by JC Whitney , a Facet brand. I need any...
9
9

Any of you into plastic model vw kits?
There are several oddball WW-II vintage type kits coming out soon if not already out: VW type 230 Gas Generator equipped VW type 83 Reichspost ambulance VW type 825 pick up All are in 1/35 scale which...

Warning light stays on
Replaced generator with built in regulator and connected all three hot wires with grey together and the blue to the green and that didn't seem to fix the problem. soc can someone give me easy steps on...
4
4

semi :OT
does anyone have the link to the video of the buggy killin the ferrari in a 1/4 ?
5
5

Cyclopac Dry Air Cleaner - off road air filter system on eBay
Also added Cyclopac Dry Air Cleaner - off road air filter system to eBay ... were the rage for off-road racers in the 70's, 80's and even into the early '90s. They are still used for off-road heavy...

OT: (sort of) Geocities & my VW sites
It's been a couple of years since I've been able to view and or update my two sites on Geocities. I'm not ready to pay, so I'm using the "free" Geocities. I used to be able to upload 'manually the...
2
2

OT: Why somtimes a helmet is not enough..(At your own discretion, blah blah blah..)
Enjoy.
26
26

Matching Heads to casing
I have a 1400 and 1600 cases. Also have 88 and 94 (?) sleeve/pistons. All given to me, in boxes.. How do I find out which sleeve/pistons go to the proper case? Thanks Rick Bass Players Drink Bass