Warning light stays on

Replaced generator with built in regulator and connected all three hot wires with grey together and the blue to the green and that didn't seem to fix the problem. soc can someone give me easy steps on how to fix this. thanks

Reply to
gbug89

if your wiring was fine with the generator, then the above site will lead you to an easy and flawless conversion.... done this many times over the years and never had any problems....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I found ou that i have a short/drain where the component is connected to the fuse box. I took a digital voltage meter and tested it and it reading 11.8. so what should i do

Reply to
gbug89

Can you tell us exactly how you tested with the meter?

All three lamps (GEN/OIL/TURN) are connected to the fuse. Are you measuring the voltage from Ground to the fuse?

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

i have fixed the problem i just grounded the gen light and it when off and the generator started working.

Reply to
gbug89