4 stud Beetle wheel dimensions

Righteo,

Just sorting out the brakes on my 72 1200 Euro, and realised that one rim is different to the rest.

3 and the (damaged) spare are 4.5Jx15, with ET34 offset, the other one is 4jx15 but I can't find the offset.

I want 2 to replace the odd one and the spare, but not sure what they are foo. Are they standard beetle? All the 1500 beetles we have over here *look* like they are the odd rim, as my wheels look more flush with the guards thatn the 1500s do.

Any pointers?

Allan

Allanw

Can you link to pictures?

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

There should be a date (month/year) stamped on the center part of the rim, in between the lug holes.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Thanks for the replies guys,

But, in typical fashion, I found an answer mere hours after asking:

It would seem that my 34mm offset wheel were used from Feb 1972 to Jul 1973.

Because the offset is lower and the rim is a touch wider, there is more rim protrusion, making the rims look much wider and more flush with the guards. I REALLY like the look they have, AND they are stock for the year 8) Sweet.

I was worried they were off some oddball model for a while, as my car has had a few mods, like 1500 disk brakes added, bilstein shocks and had a

1776cc that raun on 3 cylinders when I got it (And yet, was still faster than the 1600TP in it now :-D)

Cheers

Allanw