54 One owner on the way..?!

I might have a 100.000 Km one owner T1 -54 in the linings... Not a mint object, has been re-painted, but all original.. At a very fair price as well. I will know more about the absoulte condition later, a friend bought this from the original owner 8 years ago, stored it, sold it, and are now getting it back in a part trade for an early EMW cabrio(No I did not spell that wrong). So technicaly it has had three owners, but only one whilst in use... Whish me luck! Wish I had a sister to sell...

J.

Reply to
BergRace

...................Good luck Joern!

................How much?........

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Great find. Hope everything goes well with this new acquisition. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

Good luck, sounds a a bit like the history on my 54 Cabrio with 43000 miles on it. I bought it from a friend who bought it from the mechanic of the original owner. I'm the only the second person to register this car since new. When my friend bought it it was in the proccess of being restored (read that as in boxes). when I bought it he was in the proccess of getting a divorce and the car still wasn't finished (still in boxes but now painted). I've had it about 7 years and it's almost done (just needs the roof put on and the chrome installed). I registeried it before it was done because I wanted to drive it. I was told it hadn't been driven sice the early 80's. I hope yours doesn't take this long.

Steve K.

"BergRace" wrote in news:KnTvb.4480$%W3.22131@amstwist00:

Reply to
insanitize

But you do ;)

(and I've met her!)

Jan :D

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I wrote "to sell" the one you met is now married and has a kid... :0]

J.

Reply to
BergRace

...yup that drops the value immensely.. =-)

....Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

And your point is? ;) I know, I know.. it *slows the process* down a bit

:D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

No no no, that's a SHORTCUT for us guys wanting to have a family but who aren't so thrilled about going through pregnancy mood swings and changing dirty diapers ;) Plus teh pressure of "honey why don't we have a baby" is all behind. Let someone else do the "dirty work" so to speak :D :D :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson