'67 turn signals

What makes the '67 turn signal unique - other then it's increase in size over the previous years? I'm trying to locate a set, and a guy here says he may have a pair, but he isn't sure which set are from the '67... I'm just trying to figure it out so that I can go and look at them and pick out the right set :)

Thanks

Reply to
Tom Shelton

ummm....nothing?? On a beetle front turn signal assemblies were the same from 64-67 Tail light assemblies same from 62 to 67

On a bus front was the same from 62-67 and rear tail lights from 62-71

HTH,

Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

the front and rear look the same but the front turn signal has a different base than previous years. there are two wires that connect to the base hence two spade connections on the t.s. unit. one wire for the blinker and one for running lights. i have 67 bases if you need them and the tops too. they are used but in nice shape. thirty bucks for a pair with free shipping.

Reply to
paul horvath

Thanks Paul... I had been under the impression that '67 front turn signals were some how unique. Anyway, the offer sounds good :) Do you have a photo of the signals somewhere? The price sounds reasonable if they are in good shape... It is the fronts that I'm looking for for now, though for some unknown reason the PO put '68 rear turn signals on, so I do intend to put them back as well.

Man, I'm starting to wish I had never sold this poor car... When I bought it the first time, about 7 years ago, it was from the original owner and it was in 100% original condition. But, circumstances forced me to part with it - and it went through 2 owners who pretty much stripped it. Now that I have it back, I'm trying to get it back into shape...

Reply to
Tom Shelton

i'll see if i can find them. they're in a box of stuff to sell. try thesamba.com for rear taillights.

Reply to
paul horvath