blinkers/turn signals on 84 300d turbo diesel

Hi,

I just bought this 84 300 d turbo diesel and am trying to figure out why the turn signals and hazzards don't work. I checked the lamps and looked for the fuses but couldn't find one marked for the turn signal etc. Besides, all the fuses look good or are now good (I changed a few). Is there anything else simple that I can check (beyond getting into tracing an electrical problem)? Thanks! Charlie

Reply to
Axis

click the hazards off & on about 10 times it helps clean the points

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

Dead or missing flasher.

Also, fuses may LOOK good but sometimes aren't.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

I thought it might be the flasher too. when I looked around for it (behind and under the steering wheel) I didn't see anything that I was

*SURE* is the flasher. Can someone describe what it looks like and where it is on this car please?

thanks! c

Reply to
Axis

It is located in front of the automatic transmission shifter underneath the wood. You will need to remove the wood trim panel from the console to access it.

Reply to
Jeff

I was thinking about this this morning and it struck me that it is most likely NOT the flasher... don't ask why it took so long for me to get to this... since the actual lights themselves aren't even coming on (yes, I changed the bulbs).

Again, I didn't see a listing for those lights or the flasher in the fuse box. Does anyone know which fuse would control these or other things I should check? Thanks! c

Reply to
Axis

Have you tried just replacing the switch for the hazard lights? A disconnected or burned out hazard light switch makes you lose both hazards and turn signals...at least on the w126.

Reply to
marlinspike

open fuse box & flip it over there should be a list of where they go. or what they run sorry

9 times out 10 it is the flasher switch so keep mashing on & off.

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

Why not just replace it? $22 at your friendly stealership.

Reply to
marlinspike