'69 KG directionals dead.

Is the directionals part of the emergency flashers circuit? first the emergencies went out and now nothing. do they share the same flasher relay unit?

Reply to
Mr. K

John

Mystery close to solved. replacing the flasher. 3 prong square pants. didn't do the deed. so in my infinite wisdom I pulled on a few wires and voila they are now working. only 43 y.o. and the connectors must have oxidized. /The emergency flashers still don't work, I wonder who has these parts. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Mr. K

You might try Volkswagen. Yes, logic says they won't have parts for a 43 year old car. And they probably won't. But I've had a couple of experiences with them that were surprising. Their parts indexing is pretty good and they've found things against all reason. My particular project is only 25 years old, but they recently found "only two in the country" for an oil pump I needed.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary

Reply to
John

yeah, I'll try that. thanks again. Let's keep those ACVW's alive. or die trying.

Reply to
Mr. K

I really like Deoxit for these kinds of things. Have used it on (non-VW) terminals that were covered in dried acid, after dunking them in a baking soda solution and rinsing. As long as the terminals an wires are mechanically OK it does a good job. Packing with silicone grease afterwards helps prevent future corrosion, although the Deoxit supposedly has some corrosion protection properties itself.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Where can you buy Deoxit?