71 SB Oil Pump Installation?

How difficult is it to do? I am going to see if it is just the oil pressure switch before I really get my hands dirty...

What is involved with replacing the oil pump if it is bad?

Thanks!

AJ

Reply to
AJ Fisher

The pump is "squeezed" in between the case halves. There is a special puller to pull it out. That's *after* you get the cover off.

Pumps rarely just go bad.

You will want to get a shop manual.

'71 used 2 different pumps; order the correct one.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks Jim!

Turns out that it was just the oil pressure switch! Whew! Dodged a bullet there!

AJ

Reply to
AJ Fisher