'72 Ghia Fuel Problem

Hello all. Hmm, Ghia was running great and just died. Symptoms were like out of gas. Still not starting so I tested fuel pump. The pump was not working so I replaced it and all the fuel lines/filter. I cranked it and nothing. The VW spec for the pushrod was 13mm or 1/2". I measured 1/8" for a car with alternator. The pump seems to be working but the filter is dry. Any ideas guys? I primed it and it runs fine. Gas seems to trickle from the line before the pump. Please give me some advise. Thanks, Michael

Reply to
Michael Provost

..........Back flush the fuel line with compressed air. If it runs out in a steady stream afterward.......time to pull and clean out the gas tank.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Yes, indeed. Sounds like the mesh screen in the tank outlet is clogged.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

I would check the carbon filter that can clog and not allow air into the tank to replace the gas. If you hear a vacuum make a hissing sound when you take off the gas cap. you got it! hint; this has happened to me. good luck. snipped-for-privacy@humboldt1.com

Reply to
Crusader george