78 Super Beetle Fuel Injection ECU Compatibility

Blew out the ECU (Fuel Injection Computer) in the wife's vert. I have a Bosch with a part number that ends in "D". I have been told that not all ECU's are interchangeable. Does anyone know which ECU models are compatible with my "D" model?

Thanks Jim

Reply to
susanfender

Go to

Click on Library. Click on "F" for Fuel Injection. Some info on swaps and parts interchange.

ECU's are getting hard to find anywhere.

Maybe post a query to:

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Thanks for the info!!! You guys are the best!!!! Jim

Reply to
susanfender

OK. Checked out the interchange info available on Type 2.com I didn't find anything related to my part number which is one of the numbers below:

0 280 000 115 043 906 021 D

I have a Bosch unit. Anyone know or can you tell me how to determine which other VW ECU's will interchange?

Thanks Jim F

Reply to
susanfender