A New Experiment?

VW is trying something "new"

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

Gosh, it looks a lot more like a 'New Beetle' than that repackaged Golf they tried to pawn off on the public 10 years ago!

Al Adams

Reply to
Al Adams

At least they acknowledged the rear-engined heritage... note the inset photo in the magazine article image.

Jim

VWFilms

Your post prompted me to see if there were any specs available... none as of yet... but I did also find a DIFFERENT rear-engine VW concept which is slated for debut at the Frankfurt Auto Show (62nd IAA - Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung, 13-23 September 2007).

Personally, I like the City Expert design that John found much more appealing than the UP! concept detailed here...

VWFilms

Certainly a step in the right direction. I'm still waiting for a 4 cylinder stickshift van, though.

Pete

Reply to
ostaz