Looking for Sand Rail shop in Southeast is there one??

I am looking for a shop that builds sand rails and is located in the Southeast since I live in Asheville NC. Does anyone know if such places are around these parts?

Thanks,

Scott..

Reply to
Scott

Hey Scott We can build you a rail, but we have one forsale if you want one now

Kafertoys

..............Choose very carefully when looking for a shop and take a look at this link before sending any money:

Tim Rogers

timmy you moron its not my shop anymore why dont you grow up or is mental retardation just in your genes.

Reply to
Kafertoys

| > I am looking for a shop that builds sand rails and is located in the | > Southeast since I live in Asheville NC. Does anyone know if such places | are | > around these parts? | >

| | ..............Choose very carefully when looking for a shop and take a look | at this link before sending any money: | |

Glad to see that you guys are looking out for us "newbies". I was a little disappointed that no one posted a warning for me when this guy offered to sell me a flasher relay. Probably didn't even belong to him. But that's okay - I'd been reading about this jerk for quite a while now - thanks to previous posts. BTW, Mario, considering your attitude and vocabulary, I would never do business with you - even if I hadn't read all about you. I'll turn my bug into a garden planter, before I do business with folks like you. ~Vicki PS - Kidd, you qwack me up!

Reply to
Vicki O'

.............I think that I remember telling you about the 6-volt, 3 terminal ones being available at the usual parts retailers like NAPA, etc. You have to pick and choose your battles with guys like Mario or else the whole group gets subjected to non-stop flames which can be a cure that's worse than the disease. As for Scott, you should be able to get some advice on reputable shops in the western region of NC from this group eventually. It just might take several days and a few repeated posts about it from you before someone happens to take notice and is in your area. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you a long way from the Raleigh area? And if it hasn't already been suggested, take a look at the classifieds at

Tim Rogers

Hicks VW service in Durham NC. Bob Hicks runs a very reputable shop. They are a Berrien Buggies distributer and they build many of the kits. Bob has one the finest VW parts selections available in a small shop. Good ole boy attitude (and yes attitude goes both ways from freindly to not depending on your attitude) and fair prices.

Hicks VW

3301 Angier Ave Durham, NC 27703 Main Phone: 919-596-1026

BTW don't get Bob started on Mario....Bob referered a few customers to Mario for paint work and is very much not pleased with the way they were treated. ...nuff said,

Gary

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Hey Gary I turned a guy on to your Buggie if you give me a # he can call he seems real interested in buying it

Reply to
Kafertoys

Hey Gary I turned a guy on to your Buggie if you give me a # he can call he seems real interested in buying it

Reply to
Kafertoys

BTW, Mario, considering your attitude and vocabulary, I

YES! I KNEW I liked you for a reason! See guys?! I'm not the only one with an issue regarding the fact that he writes like a 2 year old! Woot! How'd you get so smart?

I try. :D It's hard sometimes to remember not to use language like that in front of Jan's mother though. Being Scandanavian, she might try to beat me with a pickled herring and that wouldn't be good for anyone involved.

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:22:23 -0400, Kidd Andersson scribbled this interesting note:

Especially the herring!:~)

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

I'll give Hicks VW a call and see what he has and is able to do. I appreciate all the help from the people in this group and I certainly have no interest in a shop that does shoddy work.

Thanks,

Scott..

Reply to
Scott

Other than reading and listening, it has, unfortunately, been from dealing with A**-wipes, who act like a friend, and then rob you blind. I just can't tolerate liars and cheats. Too bad I didn't pay closer attention to Sam & Ralph (obscure LoonyToons reference) as a kid, to figure out the "wolves in sheep's clothing" lesson. Would have saved me a lot of cash, sweat, and tears. I may be a little smarter now, but still have much to learn. Managed to get figuratively butt-f'd by my own uncle this year! You'd think after 40+ years, I'd wise up.

| | > ~Vicki | > PS - Kidd, you qwack me up! | | I try. :D It's hard sometimes to remember not to use language like that | in front of Jan's mother though. Being Scandanavian, she might try to | beat me with a pickled herring and that wouldn't be good for anyone | involved. | | K.

Just open wide right before she swings - although, personally, I'd request that she use creamed herring! Mmmmmm. ~Vicki

Reply to
Vicki O'

"Scandinavian" -- Always get a kick out of you correcting English so couldn't help that one. :)

Ask her to beat you with salted herring next time, for a change of pace. It is a little slimy but is very good and washes down very well with their Elderflower Martini :p :b

Reply to
Remco

I'll second that recommendation for Bob Hicks, and the last time I was at his shop (about a month ago) he had a SWEEEEET sand-rail in the shop. Man, it was nice. Too nice for off-roading, so not for me. :-)

Reply to
Shag

Damn. I really have to stop posting after working all day, wrangling a 3 year old and killing myself with school. I'm losing my touch. WAH!

Dude. That's just disgusting.

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Have you checked out Fisher Buggy in Tampa

I've bought parts from them when I've been in the area. I think they've been around for a long time and seems pretty reputable. They have a big showroom with a section for sandrails and buggies.

DH

Scott wrote:

Reply to
David Holland

Thanks all, I will give Fisher buggies a call as well as the guy in Durham.

Reply to
Scott