AD: online machine shop

Sorry about advertising, but I thought this might interest several of our readers. It's a machine shop that does parts for you based on your own drawings and specs, all online, no need to send samples or discuss details over the phone.

I haven't used them but I've known of them for a few years and just today stumbled on to the site again.

Those with no local machine shop near them might find this useful.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I used them when they were still fairly new, and everything was fine. It's a great idea and works very well.

Reply to
Etoin Shurdlu

Yeah, I recall finding it before too.

That's pretty neat.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

If/when someone has emachine make something for our ACVWs, he might consider asking here for other buyers to share the expense. Most of the expense of machining is set-up time. One part might cost $125, while ten cost $150 (total).

Reply to
Etoin Shurdlu

That sounds like a good idea, to have them build the ever elusive hoover bit. Maybe they can build a lot of units for some of us so the unit price drops.

Karls

Reply to
Karls

If someone can post the exact dimensions, I'll bet we can make it so.

Reply to
Etoin Shurdlu

Here are the dimensions, not too clear. I already did a 3D model, only to find out the emachine software only accepts 2D autocad DXF drawings. Maybe tomorrow I'll give their software a try. Looks easy.

Karls

Reply to
Karls

I googled for Hoover bit and found a really nice website with pictures of the whole engine tin, including flaps and hoober bit (an original one). Maybe someone has one of the original ones we can copy. looks really nice.

Karls

Reply to
Karls

Here's a similar site for doing "front panels" for electronic gadgetry:

Same idea, free software and instant click ordering.

Reply to
David Gravereaux