Aftermarket stock intake manifold quality?

I need a new single port intake for my 66 bug. Would I be OK buying the one that CIP1.com sells or should I keep looking for a clean original? DOes anybody have any experience with the aftermarket part? Thanks.

Reply to
bluebug

No real experience here. I do notice that Aircooled.net has single- port manifolds in a variety of arrangements for using 34-Picts or whatever centermount progressive, IDF, etc. Sounds neat.

Harry

Reply to
Harry Smith

I don't know where CIP1 source this part but I can relate my experiences with a new Brazilian sp manifold. Simply put, it didn't fit too well. Specifically, there was too much of a bend in the throat which brought the carb too close to the fan housing such that it wasn't possible to later refit the air cleaner. Obviously, I didn't spot this until it was all bolted up and the engine reinstalled in the car :< Something to bear in mind if you do decide to go aftermarket... An original will at least fit.

Reply to
Dangermouse