AGAIN!:Commercials online very cool !

Sorry used a bad plugin setting.

3 movies online :

Hard to beat beetle Try to close the door The new VW 1300

You can find the movies at :

and click movies !

Enjoy,

Jeroen

Reply to
J.

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 00:46:49 +0200, "BergRace" , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Hmmm... So maybe if I roll up the windows on my bug when I'm trying to drive across a 5 feet deep puddle then I won't sink in it? I'm referring to video #3. :)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

When they were new, and thus very airtight, yes!

I remember a radio station contest years ago, early to mid 70's, and it was a contest to guess how long a Beetle would float, if driven into a swimming pool. I think it took over *6 minutes* to sink! (Oh, to have that Beetle today, and now! :-( )

Reply to
John Kuthe

It seem like I remember reading about Sports Illustrated or some magazine doing that in 1964. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

I believe it was in the late 1960s in England where a man decided to attempt suicide by driving his Bug off a dock and into the ocean. Someone seeing the incident put in a call to the regional CoastGuard office which then located the Bug, tied a line around the front bumper, and towed it back to shore. And IIRC, new spark had to be installed in order to start the engine and drive the Bug off the beach.

And let's not forget the classic National Lampoon faux VW advertisement of ~30 years ago. Picture of a floating VW with the caption, 'If Ted Kennedy had been driving a VW he would be President today'. Hilarious.

Reply to
Luft Gekühlt

VW sued National Lampoon for $33 million dollars for that ad, but lost the case. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

I've never heard of that, but on the TV program "Blue Peter" in the '70s, one guy "drove" a Beetle most of the way across from England to Ireland! It sank not far off shore though.

Reply to
Howard Rose

Howard, I went to a talk, must have been about 16 years ago, in Hemel, care of the Herts VW club, where that bloke brought the bug along. Peter Duncan was not there i am afraid. They filled all spaces & cavaties with that expanding foam stuff, and welded a prop mechanism to the crank pulley. BTW I think it may have been the 80's.

James

Reply to
Juper Wort