Air Filter Replacement

Hello groups, I have a Weber Progressive 32/36 Carb on my beetle. Does anyone know where i can buy a replacement air filter with the United Kingdom? (or can be outside UK, buts that my preference)

It's a squarish type element, but i can only seem to find a whole replacement (including chrome top and bottom)

Any ideas or help - thanks all

ant UK - 1966 'Mellow Yellow' Beetle

Reply to
Ant

Demon Tweeks will sell what you want, but it'll be a fight to get them to know where it is. If it's not standard they have a bit of trouble.

If I were you I would measure its height, width and length (of at least what is should be, as they do shrink over the years), then phone them up and ask for a filter for your carb. When he says he hasn't got one, ask for it by size and see if that helps, then try other carbs, like IDF, DRLA, that sort of thing, but get him to measure it.

Remember the DT motto, "The customer is always wrong", so push for what you want as many different ways as you can.

Good luck Gaz

Reply to
Gaz Pike

Cheers Gaz - I shall give them a try.