Alfa sud to T2 Kombi

Hi I have a VW kombi and Alfa Sud Sprint 1.5 and want to fit the gearbox and gearbox the Kombi. I am woundering can the crown wheel and pinion be reversed on this gear box so I can put in the rear. I know it

can be done on a VW gearbox and have done before for a customer. Any help would be thanked.

Tim South Africa

Reply to
TIMBO

I am fitting an Alfa Romeo 33 1.4 engine (same engine as the one from the Alfa Sud) in my super beetle (1303), see:

I am using the beetle gearbox, and use an adapterplate to attach the alfa engine to it. See my page for more details.

You can buy adapter kits to fit an alfa engine to a beetle gearbox. I've not seen one to fit it to a combi gearbox, but that doesn't mean they don't exists... :-)

Reply to
beetle_boy