Kombi Engine Problems

If you think that you have engine problems with your aircooled, read what unfortunately happened to someone driving a Kombi.

Bill Berckman

HMmm, the title/name of that paper looks a lot like LOL ..... Is someone taking the mickey? I do not know the rag..

J.

Reply to
Berg

I think I'll be putting that top left engine mounting bolt back where it belongs in my t1 that was left out by PO.... :-o

ant> Bill Berckman wrote:

anton

Berg wrote in news:aba82$453ea5fc$54d0dc54$ snipped-for-privacy@news.chello.no:

Nope, that's pretty much the news as it is in South Africa.

IOL is the "independent" papers, online.

Retro

uch the news as it is in South Africa.

Reply to
Kafertoys

uch the news as it is in South Africa.

As I understand it there are still a lot of VW buses ((kombis) in South Africa, so it would seem you will have freak accidents now and then considering the age of the aircooled VW's.

With a new law here in NC which states that any vehicles over 35 yrs old doesn't need to be inspected, and I would have to say most that age on the roads here would be aircooled VW's and not known to be the best maintained that wee will see something like this here.

Its very hard not to fix all the problems I see when a customer brings in a VW to the shop, ( I had a car come in the other day for an electrical problem that would only run with the choke completely closed and the owner didn't want it fixed, do to expense of coarse.not a real safety issue but I didn't get a chance to find out what other problems there might have been.

I have had cars come in with only 2 nuts/bolts holding the engine in and a bay that the mounts so bad I'm not sure what stopped the engine from dropping.

As time goes on and the vehicles get older plus the fact that everyone seems to want one I think we will see more unfortiontate accidents.

I'll try to do my part to keep people safe and the aircooled VW's running,So we don't see articles like this.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys