Alternator Question

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 21:52:05 -0400, "EuroBug" ran around screaming and yelling:

no need to "polarize" an alt...generators are what *can* need polarizing...hook it up and fire the engine, drive it and enjoy... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I've just installed an alternator with an internal regulator. I seem to remember reading something here about doing something to it before starting the engine. I haven't connected the battery yet. Something about polarizing it. I've looked at Jim's website but I didn't see anything about it. Thanks, Dan

Reply to
EuroBug

Thanks Dude. Dan

Reply to
EuroBug

I already removed the old regulator and spliced the three big red wires together and connected the blue and green wires. Dan

Reply to
EuroBug