New Paint

Just got my car painted. I was wondering. How should I treat the paint . When should it require wax. How long before I should wash it.

Rich

Reply to
Richard Noe

Wash the car gently by hand when it gets dirty. Do not use a spray hose, rather pour water over the wash to clean the suds off. Do not wax the car for at least two months, and when you do, do not apply more than one coat.

Reply to
Anthony

Some would add, that you shouldn't even use car soap the first couple of times you wash the car, but rather use a good quality sponge or horse hair brush and merely rinse the car.

Reply to
DB

The Bentley manual actually talks about how to wash your ACVW. It says to use only clean water. If it's really dirty, then use a mild soap.

-Rob

DB wrote:

Reply to
Rob J

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:24:20 -0700, Rob J left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

As opposed to dirty water? :-D

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

I'd post some pictures of you washing yours in dirty water , Travis, but you post 'em all the time, So they can just see your website.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

...such as rain water?? ...hmmm...rain watter and no soad....yup I am treating my cars finish with the utmost of care =-)

Reply to
Gary Tateosian