Axle lengths

Are there different stock lengths for the swingarm type rear axles?

Reply to
jjs

.....yes

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Thanks. Just a second. I'm going to put my laptop under the Bug. . . Okay, is that the long one or the short one?

Reply to
jjs

....'58 = short '73 = long Puma = ? Type 3 (if you had one) = even longer

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Yes. Up thru '66, they were all the same.

'67 and '68 each were different. '67 began the wider rear stance for safety and '68 introduced 4-lug drums. In the US, '68 was last year for swingaxle.

a discussion.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

I asked about the swingarm type, not the IRS. Nya, nya.

Reply to
jjs

Thanks, Jim. I was hoping to tuck in my '58 a bit with the wheels it has (BRMs). Looks like it's a no-go.

Reply to
jjs

...........Whoops! You should'a been listening to Speedy Jim anyway.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers