Back brakeshoe replacement

I want to check, adjust and eventually replace my rear brake shoes on both wheels. What is the correct procedure to take the drum off? I tried removing the lock pin and large nut in the center but the drum is solid (and handbrake is off, thank you, gear in neutral)

71 transporter of course.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

gd said: noted you were posting from South Africa. The following plus a little o easing oil around the lug studs worked for me on a USA '71 Bus which probably has the same drum: v

[here it is per Jim Speedy:]
Reply to
Grape Daddy

EM9c/vcIv+QoRC+jJEN7bgdsesH5ZdjJ3ijqDlSGI6p2T2LQbR

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

v I should have called the M 7 bolts, but they are on either side of the big axel nut near the circle formed by the wheel studs.

---end---

03:13:00 GMT-5 good night

Reply to
Grape Daddy