Backspacing on BRM 6.5J wheel

I was looking around to try and find the backspacing on the Flat-4 6.5J wheel. I found them for the 4.5 and 5.5 ones that CIP has (4.5 w/ 3" bs and

5.5 w/ 3.5" bs) but all I could find on the 6.5J's was 15mm offset. These are the rims I plan to run in the future on my 67, but I am wondering if they'll fit under stock fenders (with probably a 205/65/15 or so) or if I'd be better off to get some wider ones.

Thanks,

Jay

Reply to
Jay McGraw

A 6.5" wide wheel will not fit under the fender with a +15mm offset. You should be looking for at least +25mm offset. I'm running 15X5.5 with a +35mm offset on my bug. (73 std) 205/65/15 rear and 185/65/15 front: tires clear everything after I readjusted the steering stop for a loss of a few feet in turning circle. I can still U-turn it though.

~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Well, I need new rear fenders anyway, and those are the rims I want to run, so if I need wider fenders, then that's fine.

Thanks,

Jay

Reply to
Jay McGraw

5.5" BRM made my MSW wheels made my MSW in -66 beetle
145 in front and 215 in rear
, back is so up becouse the engine is still in garage :(

-MITO-

Reply to
-MITO-