battery dead?

Hmmmm..... is that a sexist remark? :)

Right now it's parked up against the fence, facing the house, in first gear and in the little sloping area I use to keep it from rolling anywhere. That way I don't have to use the hand brake and take a chance on the cable breaking. It will take two of us to maneuver it back toward the street, but my house mate is in New Mexico on business til tonight. I think we'll be able to do it. Then if the battery charging doesn't work (and I don't buy a new battery right away), we'll point it down the hill and start it that way, wavin' bye-bye at the neighbor guys standing around watching with their mouths open at the sight of 2 old ladies pushing a bug! hahaha!!

Randy in NoVa

Reply to
Randy

maybe this will explain about starters and no-starts

dragenwagen

Thanks for the exceptional diagrams and information!

I borrowed a charger from a local vwdubber and the bug started up right away this morning! We didn't have to push it. Next on the agenda is finding someone to fix the heater channels.

Thanks for all the good advice from everyone, and I'm thankful I didn't have to do some of the things suggested...THIS time!

Randy in NoVa

Reply to
Randy

I aint 'fraid of no stinkin' heater channels...lol

**************************************************************** dragenwagen 1966 Type I - Daily Driver 1969 Type I - Undergoing heater channel replacement
"Old VW's Don't Leak Oil, They Mark Their Territory."****************************************************************> Next on the agenda is> finding someone to fix the heater channels.> >
Reply to
dragenwagen

Ok, come to Northern Virginny and help me out!

Randy in NoVa

Reply to
Randy