Beetle stalls on long drives and hot weather.

Well, that remains to be seen. I gotta drive it long distance a few more times and on hotter days to be sure the problem has been solved.

I live in Victoria, Australia. The temperature in summer can reach 130F - the road surface is many times hotter though.

I don't know where the Pierburg fuel pump is made.

Reply to
CC

Jan: What about having the case bored to 90.5 and machining the 94mm cylinders to fit? Would this solve the potential problems you refer too?

Reply to
Steve

The answer to this is to become your own mechanic.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

I second that! later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

I'm not sure there's enough meat at the base of the 94mm cylinders for that.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Pierburg is a german brand. They manufacture various automotive sensors and components.

Olli Lammi

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:03:01 +0200, Jan Andersson ran around screaming and yelling:

there are several posters on STF that have done this with good results....but i have no *personal* experience doing it.. J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani