Blown strut...how long do I have?

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster.

My '72 Super has a blown front right strut. Juice is leaking out of it and it makes a helluva noise when I hit a pothole. It's not sagging and it doesn't "dive" when I hit the brakes. I can get the work done for free in about 6 days if I bring in new struts, but I'm not sure it's going to last that long. Am I OK to drive 20-50 miles a day until I can get it into the shop or should I be heading for the bus stop in the mornings?

Reply to
Joshua Bereiter

Where is it leaking from? Bottom or top? I would say you are safe if you drive slowly and carefully. The spring is still there after all, but the shock absorbing capabilites of the srut are gone. This means that bumps and other irregularities in the road will send your car bouncing up and down uncontrollably if it gets bad enough. I say it's ok, but be careful. Definitely don't drive more than 150 miles on it.

Reply to
Anthony