Re: Blown Strut 04 OBW

It's well known in the U.K. motor trade that large tyre firm employees are encouraged to squirt oil on struts and shocks in order to sell more of them. If I were you , I'd wipe off the oil and check the strut over a couple of weeks to see if it leaks any more, or take the car to a mechanic you can trust. Tyre dealers are, in my (and many other peoples) opinion, about as honest as politicians.

-------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------

---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---

Reply to
fujiyama

Outback struts ARE weak. I blew one on my 04. I am very disappointed there arent heavy duty struts on outbacks. The best would be regular shocks which can easily be replaced

Reply to
bigjimpack

Hi, Use KYB, Koni, Bilstein ones. Costs more but last long and gives better riding/handling.

Reply to
Tony Hwang