Bob Hoover's Sermons?

Anyone know the current whereabouts? I was trying to put a links page on my sketchy ass web site

if you care -warning, precious little VW content at the moment) and the link I hadin my bookmarks didn't work and a quick google search didn't turn upanything.

thanks

nate

PS - very annoying, I posted this last night from my "real" account and apparently only about 10% of my posts are actually getting out to the outside world... very few of them show up on Google... why is it so hard to find a decent ISP?

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Bob doesn't want his work spread out on the Internet, last I heard. So each and every site you find that has them up for grabs, is offering them without permission from the author.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

The author has requested they not be available due to conflicting opinions. Anyone who is hosting it online is doing it unfairly without the authors permission. I do not know exactly what happened as it was a bit before my time, but what I have read from the sermons, and previous posts Mr. Hoover has made in Ramva have led me to believe he is an excellent writer.

-- Anna Vancouver Island, BC

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn"
Reply to
BugBum

he also gives excellent advice, as I got to learn in the past couple weeks.

Sucks that people can't respect his wishes regarding the sermons, seems pretty much par for the course for human behavior though. :p

Reply to
Seth Graham

Yes indeed.Bob Hoover is as good an observer as he is a tech/practitioner.To lose his sermons would be a great shame.The "Rincon Rocket" one is classic.Steve

Reply to
Ilambert

I was unaware of Mr. Hoovers wishes, I removed the link from my page. Mr. Hoover please accept my apology. Dave

Reply to
David

Alot of people don't realize this, but there's a site called archive.org that has old version of webpages available. archive.org has a copy of the sermons from 1998. You have to know the original location though of them though. :)

**************************** Andy 'Dubless for the time being ****************************
Reply to
Jeckler

It really is too bad that people caused Bob Hoover to not even want his Sermons posted online, or even available on CD anymore.

If anyone feels so inclined though,

does Archive the web and some of the old sermons can be found if you look hard enough.

I myself simply saved all the Sermons I could on my desktop and organized them. Kinda of an addition to my collection of literature regarding VWs and how to keep them alive.

Love to get my hands on one of those CDs those.

Reply to
Chad Schaeffer

Yes he is. Bob is active on the AirVW Yahoo group (small VW powered aircraft).

Old ramva posts can be read via google. Search for ramva pasts by veeduber.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

For some interesting reading, do a search on veeeduber at

Max

Reply to
Max Welton