Brake lights wiring

Ok, I'm new to the whole car electrical system thing. The brake lights on my 74 Super don't want to light up. I have 12v of current at the fuse box when I step on the pedal but from there I'm lost. I'm not so good with the color schematic I have and I'm wondering if there's a more practical "this wire runs through this part of the car" type of wiring diagram.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Vaughn

Vaughn M Hannon

There is a simplified diagram of just the brake switch wiring on my web site.

There are 2 switches on the master cylinder (one for front and one for rear). It's not unusual for both to go bad. Also common for the plug connections at the M/C to get corroded because they're exposed to weather.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim